What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that the browser stores on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. Once you visit the Zhymma website or use another service provided by Zhymma, information is collected and stored through cookies. The advantage of cookies for you is that it can improve your browsing experience, because your habits and needs can be identified. Cookies help to provide, keep up to date, and constantly improve services.
There are several types of cookies that you can read about in more detail below.
Types of cookies used on the Zhymma website:
Cookies are classified according to origin, purpose, or expiration date. The cookies used by Zhymma serve different purposes; their validity periods vary.
- First-party cookies: deposited and managed directly by Zhymma.
- Third-party cookies: deposited and managed by partners to perform statistical analysis about how users navigate the Zhymma website. Of course, this analysis is performed completely anonymously.
- Technical cookies: ensure, among other things, smooth navigation on the website. In addition, they allow the use of certain tools with restricted access.
- Cookies for analysis and advertising purposes: allow statistics about website visitors to be collected, such as the number of visitors to different areas of the website, frequency of visits, or user behavior and habits. The navigation, services, offers, as well as interest-related use of advertising space can be improved. If you click on one of these advertising spaces, cookies can be placed. This is how we have the ability to create anonymous user profiles in order to provide interest-based advertising
- Session cookies: these cookies collect and store data for the duration of the user's visit to the Zhymma website.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies collect and store data in the browser within a variable period of time, depending on the purpose.
Special browser settings allow you to accept, block, or disable all or some cookies on your device. A corresponding manual of the most popular browsers can be found here:
- Internet Explorer
Even if your browser settings have been changed to block certain cookies, you can still access information from the entire Zhymma website. However, the operation or use of certain services offered by Zhymma may be limited.
Enable and disable cookies
In order to provide you with an optimal user experience, different cookies are used, as explained above.
If you disable and delete all cookies stored on your device that are related to the Zhymma website, the information regarding which cookies you agreed to and which you did not agree to will be lost. Using another browser can also cause the cookie settings to differ; cookies depend on both the browser and the device (computer, tablet, or smartphone) used. The cookies used by Zhymma are explained below, and you will also have the opportunity to disable them.
Through third-party cookies, we can analyze user behavior on our website. This allows us to evaluate the site's performance so we can continuously improve your user experience by understanding how users behave in different areas of our site.
These cookies are placed by our technical partners and all evaluations are anonymous. If you do not want cookies to be stored in your browser by our website, please click on the links below for instructions on how to disable them.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on the Website or the Apps;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter, product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website and Apps;
- You accept our cookies on your device;
- You interact with our customer experience team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Your authorized representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- When you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Please ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
How will your data be used?
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including our couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms of Service;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish list, brand or product notifications;
- communicate with you in relation to (i) your queries, requests and feedback, (ii) material changes to our Website or Apps Terms of Service, Policy or other terms and conditions, and (iii) matters relating to the operation of your account;
- personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and the Apps, for example by prioritizing products and services appearing in your search results or feed;
- monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, including dispute resolution;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law; and
- ensure our Website and Apps function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimizing our Website and Apps.
(collectively, the "Purposes")
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or the Platforms;
- send you marketing communications in relation to the sales, products, services or promotions of business partners, including promotional mail together with your order;
- deliver ads which are related to our products and services which may be of interest to you on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- enable businesses to deliver ads which are related to their products and services which may be of interest to you;
- provide you with our add-on or premium services;
- invite you to our private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- process your participation in our business partners’ loyalty or point redemption programs;
- conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our products and services on our Platforms;
- manage the administrative and business operations of ZALORA and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer experience team, such as by recording and monitoring phone calls; and
any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page;
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use your Personal Data (a) for other purposes which are reasonably related to the Purposes and where we have obtained and maintain related consent, the Additional Purposes; or (b) in circumstances where such use does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Note: If you withdraw your consent for us to use and process your Personal Data the Purposes or the Additional Purposes, we may no longer be able to provide you with the related products, services or benefits associated with our promotion.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
In relation to our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to our:
- employees, consultants, temporary workers;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website and the Apps;
- logistics providers, such as courier services which will deliver your order to you;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us, such as online cloud storage and processing, marketing optimization, information technology, telecommunications, security or other relevant services which requires their collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We may also disclose your Personal Data (a) for other purposes which are reasonably related to the Purposes and where we have obtained and maintain related consent, the Additional Purposes; or (b) in circumstances where such disclosure does not require consent under the Applicable Laws.
We do our best to minimize the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose. Our disclosure of your Personal Data shall be in accordance with Applicable Laws. In this regard, you hereby acknowledge, agree and consent that we are permitted to disclose your Personal Data to such third parties (whether located within or outside the Philippines) for one or more of the above Purposes and Additional Purposes, and for the said third parties to subsequently collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for one or more of the above Purposes and Additional Purposes.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the following address:
Last updated on: 16 December 2019
Sign up to our newsletter now.